APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate for Osun governorship election

The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.

Electric Atmosphere As Bukola Saraki Returns Home To Ilorin

Senate President Bukola Saraki was given a rousing welcome in Ilorin, Kwara State as embarks on a courtesy visit.

#BBNaija Winner, Miracle Receives $25,000 Cash Gift From Gov. Okorocha In Owerri (Photos)

The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.

Kwara gov. seeks tenure extension for Offa council chairman, councillors

Gov. Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara on Tuesday requested the State House of Assembly to approve the extension of the tenure of the Chairman and councillors of Offa Local Government Council.

Sport News

Thierry Henry Thierry Henry is quitting his job as a pundit for Sky Sports in order to focus on a career in management.

Friday, June 12, 2020

EFCC Capture N7.9bn Stolen By Rochas Okorocha

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has asked the former governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha to get ready for his days in court while revealing that about N7.9bn belonging to the state has been seized from him.
According to the Zonal head of the anti-graft agency, Usman Imam who made this known on Thursday, the commission has returned over N5.7bn to various administrations in Imo to pay salaries and pensions of workers.
He said: “I started the Imo state case in Enugu and upon my deployment to this zone, the investigations of corruption allegations against the former Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, was transferred from the Enugu zone to Port Harcourt for further investigations.

“Within the period, the commission succeeded in freezing about in different accounts. All the monies that were released to Imo State government were from the N7.9bn recovered from Okorocha. The monies were released in batches.

“N2.7bn was released in March for salaries. In the PDP government of Emeka Ihedioha, excess of N2.5bn upon series of writings and our insistence of monitoring it was released to pay salaries and pensions because they were monies recovered from the state so it has to go back to the state.

“Then the government of Emeka left and this government came, we had a remnant of the money in excess of N2bn. We were able to release N514milion just last month because excess of about N1.8bn is encumbered with a court process. Contractors went to court and targeted the funds. The process is lingering. They still have excess of N1.8bn that is not released”. 
Share:

Obaseki Eliminated from APC Primary

Governor Obaseki
Edo state governor, Godwin Obaseki has been disqualified from participating in the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) primary election scheduled for June 22nd.
The embattled governor was disqualified by the screening committee for the Party’s governorship primary.

Jonathan Ayuba, chairman of the screening committee, said this while presenting his report to Adams Oshiomhole, APC national chairman, at the national secretariat in Abuja on Friday, June 12th.
Oshiomhole is believed to be behind his ordeal and also believed to be interested in the emergence of Ize Iyamu as the party’s governorship flagbearer for the state.
Share:

Friday, June 5, 2020

Army trains officers on new equipment

As part of efforts to consolidate on the gains of its fight against Boko Haram terrorism in the Northeast, the Nigerian Army has organized a training for its officers in Bauchi on the new battle tanks and other sophisticated war equipment acquired by the federal government.

Chief of Army Staff, General Tukur Buratai declared the training open Thursday in Bauchi at the Nigerian Army armoured school. 
DAILY POST reports that general Buratai also inspected the living accommodations of the officers destroyed by rainstorm in the shadawanka barracks Bauchi and the new officers’ quarters, tagged Tukur Yusuf Buratai village, currently under construction at the barracks. 
However during the visit, the Chief of Army staff delegated the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Colonel Sagir Musa to address the press on his behalf.
Musa explained that there were over 155 students in the State undergoing course on how to handle the newly acquired battle tanks, saying the new war equipment was purchased to enable soldiers to crush the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists in the region.
According to him, the Nigerian troops have in the last two months killed over 1,015 Boko Haram militants, adding that within the period under review, there has been no major terrorist activity in the entire North east. 
For the last four months, we have not had any major case of terrorist activity. What we have majorly is terrorists inactivity as if they are non-existent.
“Just last week when the Chief of army staff addressed Soldiers, officers and even His Excellency governor of Borno state was there during the sallah lunch with troops, he mentioned that in the last two months, over 1,015 terrorists were neutralized. And that is a big success.
“This is translated in the fact that we have not seen any major terrorist activity in the north east at the moment,” he said. 
He opined that the training would have a serious impact in the battle against terrorists in Nigeria, assuring that after the first batch of the training, more soldiers would undergo similar courses. 
He urged members of the public to continue to provide useful information to the Nigerian Army on any suspected terrorist activities so that they can respond in good time. 
Share:

Saturday, May 30, 2020

LaLiga verify season will resume June


Spain’s LaLiga will restart with the derby between Sevilla and Real Betis on Thursday, June 11 with the season set to conclude over the weekend of July 18-19.

LaLiga officially confirmed their restart date with the first game coming six days before the resumption of the Premier League in England.

All matches will be played without spectators although fixtures are yet to be officially confirmed.

League president Javier Tebas has also announced that he wants next season to begin on September 12.

‘The important thing will be when the season finishes although we’ll only be able to congratulate ourselves when we start the following season,’ Tebas told Spanish newspaper Marca.

‘God willing that day will be September 12 and hopefully we’ll be able to say we have overcome this most difficult period but at least we will be better prepared.’

Football in Spain was suspended on March 12 because of the spread of COVID-19. Champions Barcelona lead LaLIga by two points from Real Madrid with 11 rounds of the season remaining.

Spanish clubs returned to training in groups of no more than 10 last week and this was increased to groups of 14 this week.

They will next progress to full squad training in the coming days before the matches resume on June 11.

The authorities in Spain are gradually lifting lockdown restrictions in a country where nearly 30,000 people have died with COVID-19.

The government gave permission for the LaLiga season to resume after June 8.

It is the latest major European league to confirm a restart date. Germany’s Bundesliga is already back underway, while England’s Premier League will resume on June 17 and Italy’s Serie A on June 20.

Source:

Share:

Mr Portable shout for help after his friend duped him


Yoruba actor, Olu Olowogemo Arijan popularly known as Mr Portable, has cried out to Nigerians to help him after he was duped by his friend.
Sharing a video via Instagram, the actor wrote;

“Yes!! I was duped by a friend, ki Olorun gba wa lowo ota bi ore.
He is hiding under the umbrella of not staying in Nigeria and I will hide under the voice of my lovers cause I know you people will come to my rescue and let justice be done.
I have nothing, but I have my voice and you all,even if I am a millionaire, I won’t just sit back and be duped by a friend.
I am using this opportunity to call on you all to come to my rescue and make him see that he can be disciplined no matter where he is hiding.
I will soon be posting his details, I am giving him just 10days more. Kindly help me broadcast this video 🙏


Share:

Friday, May 29, 2020

Court release Adeleke Over Alleged Examination ‘Malpractice’

A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has struck out the case against Senator Ademola Adeleke of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Senator Adeleke was charged to court by the Federal Government over alleged exam malpractice.

However, on Thursday, the prosecution counsel, Mr. Simon Lough filed an application for the withdrawal of charges against the Senator.

The trial judge, Justice Inyang Eekwo in his ruling on Friday, in turn, discharged Senator Adeleke with the view of Mr Lough’s (the prosecutor) decision to withdraw the charges against him.
Share:

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Cultists forced Delta Police Station To Free Robbery suspect


Delta State Police command has confirmed the death of two persons yesterday at the Jesse Police Station in Jesse, Ethiope West Local Government Area of Delta State after they were alleged to have stormed the police formation at the early hours of Wednesday in an attempt to free some robbery suspects, Vanguard has reported.
The Delta State Police Public Relations Officer, Onome Onowhakpoyeya, who confirmed the attack, told Vanguard that “two persons were shot dead after they attacked the Jesse Police Station cell this early morning and attempted to free some robbery suspects, in fact they had actually broken the key of the cell when Policemen on duty, reenforced and went after them and two of them were shot dead in the process” she said.

But a source at the community who craved anonymity told Vanguard that the police were economical with the truth “the truth is that one of those Yahoo boys had an issue with another one involving money and one chased the other into the police station with a machete, and right there he butchered him to death and the murderer was running away when the police shot him”.

The source said, residents of the community were angered by the brutal way the guy was shot so they mobilised themselves with an intention to set the station on fire, and in the process, a woman was hit by stray bullet “and she is now receiving treatment in an undisclosed clinic in town”.

Early this month, cultists were said to have engaged in a confrontation that needed the police to intervene with cultists openly confronting each other in broad daylight.

The corpses have been deposited in a mortuary around the community.

When Vanguard visited the scene, Security men and members of the vigilante were seen on ground in an attempt to calm the situation.

Share:

offa indigenes

Subscribe to Offa247 News Alert

Enter your email address:

Disqus for www-offa247news-blogspot-com