Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Henry quits Sky Sports to pursue career


Thierry Henry has confirmed that he is stepping down from his punditry position with Sky Sports to pursue his ambition of becoming a football manager.
The Frenchman has worked with the broadcaster for four seasons and had previously committed to the £4 million-a-year position even when it came at the expense of a coaching role at Arsenal. You’ll remember that Arsene Wenger felt his former captain couldn’t have his cake and eat it while on the books at London Colney.
Henry secured his UEFA A-Licence back in 2016 with the Welsh FA and secured his Pro Licence in May during his recent stint as assistant coach to Roberto Martinez’s Belgium national team. 
Having helped guide the Belgians to a bronze-medal finish at the World Cup, the 40-year-old says he’s eager to pursue a career in the dugout.
In a series of tweets, Henry wrote: “Over the last four years I have had some extremely rewarding coaching experiences in football.
“These experiences have only made me more determined to fulfil my long term ambition to become a football manager.
“It is with sadness, therefore, that I have decided that I must leave Sky Sports to enable me to spend more time on the pitch and concentrate on my journey to achieving that goal.
“I would like to thank everyone at Sky for making me feel so welcome and at ease throughout my time with them and I wish them all the best for the future. Great memories.”


View image on Twitter

1/3 Over the last 4 years I have had some extremely rewarding coaching experiences in football. These experiences have only made me more determined to fulfil my long term ambition to become a football manager.



2/3 It is with sadness, therefore, that I have decided that I must leave @SkySports to enable me to spend more time on the pitch and concentrate on my journey to achieving that goal.



3/3 I would like to thank everyone at Sky for making me feel so welcome and at ease throughout my time with them and I wish them all the best for the future. Great memories.
There’s no suggestion just yet that Henry will leave his position with Belgium, however, he’s bound to be on the lookout for a more senior position having cut his teeth at international level.
The bookies had Henry as an outsider for the Arsenal head coach role when Arsene Wenger left, but he was way down the pecking order behind Mikel Arteta, Patrick Vieira – now at Nice – and Unai Emery, who was ultimately appointed.
It’ll certainly be interesting to see where Titi ends up. Good luck to him.



View image on Twitter
Share:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

offa indigenes

Blog Archive

Subscribe to Offa247 News Alert

Enter your email address:

Disqus for www-offa247news-blogspot-com