APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate for Osun governorship election

The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.

Electric Atmosphere As Bukola Saraki Returns Home To Ilorin

Senate President Bukola Saraki was given a rousing welcome in Ilorin, Kwara State as embarks on a courtesy visit.

#BBNaija Winner, Miracle Receives $25,000 Cash Gift From Gov. Okorocha In Owerri (Photos)

The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.

Kwara gov. seeks tenure extension for Offa council chairman, councillors

Gov. Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara on Tuesday requested the State House of Assembly to approve the extension of the tenure of the Chairman and councillors of Offa Local Government Council.

Sport News

Thierry Henry Thierry Henry is quitting his job as a pundit for Sky Sports in order to focus on a career in management.

Saturday, August 25, 2018

EPL: What Unai Emery told Ramsey about his future at Arsenal


Arsenal manager, Unai Emery, has told Aaron Ramsey to forget about his contract stand-off and focus on getting back in the team.

Multiple reports claim Ramsey went to see Emery last week, after becoming concerned over whether he is in the new manager’s plans.

The Wales star was substituted early against Manchester City, then dropped against Chelsea last Saturday.

With Ramsey having one year left on his current deal, it has further cast doubt about his future at the Emirates.

“I spoke with him last week. I said, ‘I want you to focus only on training and only on the match, you show us the capacity to help the team’.

“The contract is another thing for his agent and the club, but we want – and I need – his focus only on training, on the match and his performance each day.

“I want the player to be focused only on Saturday. So that our players give our supporters quality and energy,” Emery told the media on Friday, during his press conference ahead of the West Ham match.

Source


Share:

Salisu out over bribe allegations

The super Eagles coach Gernort Rohr has confirm that the chief coach will not be part of the team technical crew set up against Seychelles after his bribery scandal spent g to press men after the release of the 24 man list.

Nigeria’s top football coach, Salisu YusufSalisu Yusuf

“We have to wait for the outcome of investigation from the Ethics committee. It is not in my position to answer weather he will be back or not, it is the duty of my employers. Only the NFF can determine whether he will be in the team next match . Mine is to coach the team and not the administrative point of view.”

Rohr said Salisu was set up. “They set him up. The players they are talking about were already in the team. I know them. They set him up because I know him. He is honest

Source


Share:

Rohr Names Onazi, Musa, 22 Others For Seychelles

World Cup: Gernot Rohr Says Russians Will Support NigeriaFile Photo: Nigeria’s German manager Gernot Rohr. Ben STANSALL / AFP


Technical Adviser Gernot Rohr has released a list of 24 Nigerian senior players who will battle for the three points in a 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Seychelles in Victoria on September 7, 2018.

At a world press conference in Lagos on Friday, Rohr, flanked by the first Vice President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Mr Seyi Akinwunmi and Executive Board Member, Aisha Falode, unveiled a list of three goalkeepers, eight defenders, six midfielders and seven forwards.

He also put four other players, including former U17 World Cup –winning captain Musa Muhammed, on standby.

The three goalkeepers are those who made the final cut for the FIFA World Cup finals in Russia in the summer, but the defence has two new boys. England – based Semi Ajayi and Germany – based Jamilu Collins, while Olaoluwa Aina, overlooked for the World Cup, has been recalled.

Another former U17 World Cup – winning captain, Kelechi Nwakali, is the new face in the middle, just as France – based Samuel Kalu is the new man up front.

Henry Onyekuru, who got injured before the World Cup, has also been recalled.

Team Administrator Dayo Enebi Achor told the NFF on Friday that the invited players are expected to fly directly to Seychelles, arriving on Monday, September 3, while the one player (goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa) and team officials travelling from Nigeria will fly into Victoria on Sunday, September 2.

All three points in the Matchday 2 encounter are important for the Super Eagles, having lost their opener to the qualifying campaign at home to South Africa 14 months ago.

SEE THE FULL LIST BELOW

Goalkeepers: Francis Uzoho (Deportivo La Coruna, Spain); Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Enyimba FC); Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United, South Africa)

Defenders: Olaoluwa Aina (Torino FC, Italy); Semi Ajayi (Rotherham United, England); Bryan Idowu (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia); Chidozie Awaziem (FC Porto, Portugal); William Ekong (Udinese FC, Italy); Leon Balogun (Brighton & Hove Albion, England); Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes, Spain); Jamilu Collins (SC Padeborn 07, Germany)

Midfielders: Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor FC, Turkey); Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Oghenekaro Etebo (Stoke City FC, England); John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel); Kelechi Nwakali (FC Porto, Portugal); Joel Obi (AC Chievo Verona, Italy)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Al Nassar FC, Saudi Arabia); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Simeon Nwankwo (Crotone FC, Italy); Henry Onyekuru (Galatasaray SK, Turkey); Odion Ighalo (Changchun Yatai, China); Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England); Samuel Kalu (Bordeaux FC, France)

Standby: Uche Agbo (Standard Liege, Belgium), Stephen Eze (Lokomotiv Plovdiv, Bulgaria); Musa Muhammed (HNK Gorica, Croatia); Blessing Eleke (FC Luzern, Switzerland)

Source


Share:

President Buhari Reveals Why He Trekked 800 Metres In Daura


President Muhammadu Buhari on  Friday said his decision to trek some distance after observing Eid prayers at Kofar Arewa Eid Ground to his residence in Daura, Katsina State was not about proving his fitness level, Punch Metro reports.

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the President spoke while receiving representatives of the five local governments in Daura Emirate at his private residence.

Garba had told journalists shortly after Buhari embarked on the trek on Tuesday that it was a confirmation that the President was fit for second term.

But Buhari explained that the walk was not about proving his fitness level or scoring cheap political capital.

He said he did not need to convince anybody about his state of health.

He said, ‘‘This is my constituency, the people came out in their large numbers to see me and the car in which I was being driven had tinted windows.

‘‘They were not seeing me so I came down so they could see me.  I didn’t need to convince anyone about my health and the decision to contest for a second term that I made public in April this year.”

The President seized the opportunity of his meeting with his kinsmen to inform them that he has directed the Ministry of Agriculture and the Central Bank of Nigeria to review the processes on the issuance of loans to smallholder farmers.

‘‘We want to make it easier for them to assess the loans, particularly the underprivileged people in the society.  It has become necessary for the government to do this because banks will insist on collaterals which majority of farmers do not have.

‘‘For our agriculture policy to succeed, we must be able to reach small farm holders with loans without collaterals.  Collaterals are always a problem with smallholder farmers,’’ he said.

The President also highlighted the achievements of the administration on local rice productions which he said had led to the reduction of imports by over 90 per cent.

He expressed delight that young people were returning to the farms and reaffirmed the Federal Government’s commitment to implementing policies to promote agriculture.

Speaking on behalf for the civil society groups in Daura Emirate, the spokesman of the group, Yusuf  Maiadua, applauded the President on his numerous achievements.

‘‘You have made us proud, the economy is back on the path of growth and you have laid a solid foundation for the development of the country,” he said.

Source


Share:

Monday, August 20, 2018

Kwara Monarch Backs Buhari For 2019

 

President Muhammadu Buhari

The Etsu Patigi, Patigi Local Government Area of Kwara State, Alhaji Ibrahim Chatta-Umar, has said the people will vote for President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

Alhaji Chatta-Umar spoke when he received youths from Lade, Kpada and Patigi districts in his palace. The youth held a rally in support of President Buhari’s re-election in 2019.

The monarch said the achievements of Buhari’s administration endeared him to his people, which necessitated the need for all to support him.

According to him, the Patigi-Share and Patigi- Kpada roads, which have been in deplorable conditions for about two decades, are being built.

The monarch thanked Buhari for touching the lives of his subjects and urged the Federal Government to do more.

“Our roads have been there for 20 years with no repairs, and then within the three years that he came on board, the road is being rebuilt.”

Coordinator of the Patigi for Buhari 2019 Muhammed Baba-Mahmud said the people remained grateful to President Buhari.

Baba-Mahmud identified major achievements to include reconstruction of Patigi-Share/Patigi-Kpada roads; over 400 N-Power beneficiaries from Patigi council, about 1,200 of the Household Upliftment Programme, fight against corruption, improved security, improved power supply and bumper harvest for farmers due to access to fertiliser.

Source


Share:

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Chief Imam Offa married 4th wife

The Nikkah ceremony took place today, Saturday 18th August, 2018 at Anilelerin Primary School Field, Offa. The Naibi Agba Offa delivered sermon. A Sadaq of 100 US Dollars was paid. May Allah continue to BLESS his Home.

May the One who brought you together bless your marriage, enrich your lives and deepen your love throughout the years.







Share:

Monday, August 13, 2018

Sanusi warns politicians on exploitation of religion


Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II 

• Blames Sharia governors for states’ underdevelopment

• CAN cautions presidency, police over threat to democracy

• Restructuring is answer to nation’s challenges, Markarfi insists

Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II has cautioned politicians who hide behind the mask of religion to exploit Nigerians.

He regretted that the North, in the last two decades, was robbed of focus due to the politicisation of religion and culture.

Politicians turned religion into a vehicle for campaign, thereby exploiting the religious character and ignorance of the people, he said.

Rather than solving problems in the education and health sectors, governors were busy promising to deliver religion, which led to the underdevelopment of many states, the emir noted.

He said it was not surprising that states which placed too much emphasis on religion over development lagged behind in socio-economic milestones. According to him, “The most backward and underdeveloped states in Nigeria today are also the same states that claimed to be run based on Sharia. The people seemed satisfied with slogans and pilgrimages that have become jamborees.”

Due to the hype, people in the region stopped demanding the education of their children and healthcare from their leaders, he noted.

Sanusi spoke in Katsina State yesterday while delivering a speech marking International Youth Day and a graduation ceremony at Katsina Vocational Training Centre.

The centre, founded by the late M.D. Yusuf, a former Inspector General of Police, empowers youths, particularly the physically challenged.

The emir called on government to engage youths through increased investment in agriculture. He also urged politicians to sign peace pacts before next year’s general election and discourage youths from violence.

On its part, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) warned the presidency and the Nigeria Police against acts capable of threatening democracy. It also urged the legislative and executive arms of government to collaborate in the interest of smooth governance.

“We express grave concerns over the poor handling of the police invitation to the Senate President Bukola Saraki, over the infamous Offa robbery saga that led to the death of about 30 people, and the alleged plan by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to arrest the Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, over alleged money laundering,” CAN said in a statement by its president, Samson Ayokunle, in Abuja yesterday.

“The Christian umbrella body condemns in strong terms the way the police were deployed in subjecting the leadership of the National Assembly to needless embarrassment and harassment. The ongoing action of the police is a siege against democracy,” the association noted.

“We are shocked, disappointed and alarmed at the aborted moves by the police to stop both the senate president and his deputy from attending Tuesday’s proceedings for whatever reasons. We call on both the leadership of the National Assembly and the presidency to stop acting in a manner that constitutes international disgrace and embarrassment.

“We appeal to all security agencies to stop being involved in partisan politics. Nigerians must realise that leadership goes around and comes around, but our country will continue to remain. CAN calls on all service chiefs, including the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, not to destroy our democratic institutions through needless partisanship.”

CAN further called on civil society organisations and professional bodies like the Nigeria Bar Association, Nigerian Labour Congress, Nigerian Medical Association and Nigeria Union of Journalists to resist anti-democratic forces.

In a related development, the Supreme Knight of the Order of the Knights of St. Mulumba Nigeria, Chief Diamond Ovueraye, expressed fear that the nation was hurtling towards the precipice.

“There is too much self-aggrandisement on the part of the leaders. But as knights, our duty is to speak when things are going wrong and pray for the country and for solutions to problems. The leadership must bring us back from the drift by doing the right thing,” he said at the investiture of 150 ladies and brothers into the apex Fourth Degree of the Order at the Catholic Church of Ascension, Ikeja, Lagos.

A former national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ahmed Makarfi, meanwhile, reiterated calls yesterday for restructuring of the nation.

He told delegates and members of the party in Owerri, Imo State that the move would satisfy the yearnings of the geo-political zones. He promised to toe this line if he was given a chance to rule the country next year.

Source


Share:

offa indigenes

Subscribe to Offa247 News Alert

Enter your email address:

Disqus for www-offa247news-blogspot-com