APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate for Osun governorship election

The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.

Electric Atmosphere As Bukola Saraki Returns Home To Ilorin

Senate President Bukola Saraki was given a rousing welcome in Ilorin, Kwara State as embarks on a courtesy visit.

#BBNaija Winner, Miracle Receives $25,000 Cash Gift From Gov. Okorocha In Owerri (Photos)

The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.

Kwara gov. seeks tenure extension for Offa council chairman, councillors

Gov. Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara on Tuesday requested the State House of Assembly to approve the extension of the tenure of the Chairman and councillors of Offa Local Government Council.

Sport News

Thierry Henry Thierry Henry is quitting his job as a pundit for Sky Sports in order to focus on a career in management.

Friday, August 10, 2018

Kwarans will soon cease being panhandlers – Lai Mohammed

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has called for unity, sacrifice and commitment from all stakeholders in order to put Kwara state on the path of good governance and also win the state for President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 elections.

The Minister, who made the call at a stakeholders’ meeting organized by the Congress of Kwara Progressives in Ilorin on Thursday, said the time is ripe for the people of Kwara to take back their state from plunderers.

Lai Mohammed

Lai Mohammed

”What an auspicious time for all of us! Never before have we had a great opportunity like we have now to take our state back from the rapacious few, who have held the state by the jugular and prevented it from meeting the hopes and aspirations of its people.

”From my consultations with key stakeholders so far, I can say, categorically, that Kwarans have all resolved to take their destiny into their own hands and take back what rightly belongs to them. This is unprecedented in the history of our state, and we must not waste this opportunity,” he charged

Alhaji Mohammed stressed the need for unity on the part of the people, saying ”if we all remain united, we can’t and we won’t lose the looming battle for the survival of our dear state. All that is required is for us all to subordinate our individual ambitions to the collective efforts to wrest our state from the hegemony of one man and his cohorts”.

He said that, on his part, he won’t be running for any office during the forthcoming elections, adding: ”For me, it is not about any clamour for office. It is about working with all like minds for the greater benefit of our people.”

The Minister warned that the battle ahead would not be easy, and that those who are opposed to change in the state will deploy all strategies, including blackmail, to retain their stranglehold on power

”Make no mistake about it, the battle ahead will be tough. No one with power will ever give it up easily. But the power of the people supersedes all powers. That’s why I am delighted, and indeed encouraged, that the good people of our state, whether from the North, South or Central, are all united in their singular determination to rescue their state from the grinding poverty, monumental misgovernance and the general state of funk that has enveloped it,” he said.

Alhaji Mohammed said it is a mere blackmail to say he does not like the people of Ilorin, and went ahead to enumerate his antecedents, which include actively supporting an Ilorin indigene for governor in 2011.

He assured that under the new dispensation in the state, every Kwaran counts and will have a voice, saying: ”The resources of Kwara will be used for the development of the state and its people. Never again will our people be turned to panhandlers, never again will our people be made to eat crumbs from the master’s table. We must become the masters of our own destiny.”

NAN

Source


Share:

Birthday wishes to his Majesty Oba Olofa


On the occasion of His Majesty Oba Muftau Gbadamosi Esuwoye II birthday.. Offa247 News extends its heartfelt wishes for the best of health and happiness to His Majesty. 

With gratitude, we pray for the protection and prosperity of our beloved Kingdom and our people under your wise and sincere leadership. 

His Majesty Oba Muftau Gbadamosi Esuwoye II was born on, 10 August 1963. He turns 55 today Friday 10th August 2018.
Happy Birthday..!!!!
Share:

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Security: Olofa wants more police personnel in Offa


The Olofa of Offa, Oba Muftau Gbadamosi, has called for the deployment of more police personnel in Offa to strengthen security in the town.

Gbadamosi made the appeal while receiving the Commissioner of Police in Kwara, Mr Aminu Saleh, during his courtesy visit to the palace on Wednesday.

The commissioner was at the Olofa’s palace as part of his tour of the Area Commander in Offa.

The Olofa said the police personnel in Offa were not enough to protect the ever-increasing population in the town.

“Offa is expanding everyday with different people from all parts of the world coming to settle down for business as well as education.

“We need more officers and men of the police to maintain peace. You can’t compare Offa of ten years ago to the Offa of today. The population is growing faster.

“Post your men here, we will give them accommodation in comfortable apartments,” he appealed to the Commissioner.

Gbadamosi said the community had built 50 units of 2-bedroom flats in response to the Bank robbery incident of April 5.

He added that a Guard house, Quarter guard and Armory were under construction and expected to be completed as soon as possible.

“We hope to commence the building of Administrative block after Sallah celebration,” he said.

According to the monarch, all these facilities are for the policemen posted to Offa.

He also urged the commissioner to use his office to invite the Inspector-General of Police to commission the projects after their completion.

The commissioner assured the monarch of proper security measures for Offa and neighboring towns.

He described security as everybody’s business that should not be left for police alone, calling on the community to join hands with the Police to secure lives and property.

He also advised the youths not to allow themselves to be used as thugs during the 2019 general elections in the state.

“You should refrain from any form of crime during the elections. Make positive impact and build your future, ” he said.

Saleh urged the Olofa to set up a team that would sensitise the youths to stay away from violence. (NAN)

Source


Share:

Monday, August 6, 2018

Nollywood Actress, Omo Butty Bounces Back With Thrilling Photos


 

Biodun Okeowo

Actress and Nollywood film producer, Biodun Okeowo has resumed sharing lovely photos of herself on her Instagram account after a hiatus.

She was all smiles as she rhymed her purple top with her purpled shoes with a check shirt to match. One thing that make her stand out is her stature and her protruding behind always stealing headlines.

The light-skinned actress is gradually building her influence on Instagram with her followership approaching 800,000.

See more photos:

Source


Share:

Transfer: Levante confirms Moses transfer


Super Eagles forward, Moses Simon, has joined Levante from KAA Gent on a five-year deal.

The 23-year-old who was previously linked with a move to Liverpool, was signed for £4.5million.

The LaLiga football club announced Moses’ deal via Twitter on Monday.

“Welcome to #LevanteUD, @Simon27Moses,” Levante tweeted.

Moses has made 20 appearances for Nigeria, since his debut against Uganda on March 25, 2015.

He was named in Gernot Rohr’s preliminary 30-man squad for the 2018 World Cup, but he did not make the final 23 due to injury.

Source


Share:

Fresh Cholera Outbreak In Kano Kills 11 People


 

File Photo

A fresh cholera outbreak in Kano State, has claimed 11 lives, while 47 others are currently hospitalised at Hanya Madaki, Halin Sarki, and Kunchi villages in Bebeji Local Government Area of the state.

One of the youth leaders in the affected area, Ubali Dawud Abubakar, who confirmed the outbreak, said the three villages had been battling the suspected cholera outbreak for over one week, adding that despite reporting to the appropriate authorities, there had been no response.

According to him, the last victim, who died as a result of the suspected cholera outbreak was buried yesterday evening.

"One of the people that died of the cholera has been buried yesterday. We want the government to come quickly and intervene" he said

Also, a parent of one of the victims, Musa Abdullahi, said about 47 persons had been treated at homes, as well as at some patent medicine outfit, within the affected communities, since the villages hit by the suspected cholera outbreak have no hospitals or clinic.

In his reaction, the Public Relations Officer of the State Health Ministry, Ismail Garba Gwamaja, claimed that the Ministry was unaware of the outbreak of cholera in the affected villages but promised to investigate the incident to enable the Ministry to take appropriate action.

Source:


Share:

Beautiful Actress, Omotola Slays In Stunning White Dress At Her Secondary School Reunion Party (Photos)


Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde is a beautiful woman and she proves that fact with every photo she shares with her followers on the internet.

The veteran Nollywood actress is often regarded as one of the most beautiful and classy actresses in the Nigerian movie industry.

Omotola recently attended the 25th edition of her secondary school’s reunion party this weekend in Abuja and once again 'slayed' in her outfit.

The party saw the 1993 set of the Command Secondary School, Kaduna State come together for a night of fun and Omotola stood out with her white dress.



Source


Share:

offa indigenes

Subscribe to Offa247 News Alert

Enter your email address:

Disqus for www-offa247news-blogspot-com