APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate for Osun governorship election

The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.

Electric Atmosphere As Bukola Saraki Returns Home To Ilorin

Senate President Bukola Saraki was given a rousing welcome in Ilorin, Kwara State as embarks on a courtesy visit.

#BBNaija Winner, Miracle Receives $25,000 Cash Gift From Gov. Okorocha In Owerri (Photos)

The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.

Kwara gov. seeks tenure extension for Offa council chairman, councillors

Gov. Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara on Tuesday requested the State House of Assembly to approve the extension of the tenure of the Chairman and councillors of Offa Local Government Council.

Sport News

Thierry Henry Thierry Henry is quitting his job as a pundit for Sky Sports in order to focus on a career in management.

Monday, August 6, 2018

Transfer: Levante confirms Moses transfer


Super Eagles forward, Moses Simon, has joined Levante from KAA Gent on a five-year deal.

The 23-year-old who was previously linked with a move to Liverpool, was signed for £4.5million.

The LaLiga football club announced Moses’ deal via Twitter on Monday.

“Welcome to #LevanteUD, @Simon27Moses,” Levante tweeted.

Moses has made 20 appearances for Nigeria, since his debut against Uganda on March 25, 2015.

He was named in Gernot Rohr’s preliminary 30-man squad for the 2018 World Cup, but he did not make the final 23 due to injury.

Source


Share:

Fresh Cholera Outbreak In Kano Kills 11 People


 

File Photo

A fresh cholera outbreak in Kano State, has claimed 11 lives, while 47 others are currently hospitalised at Hanya Madaki, Halin Sarki, and Kunchi villages in Bebeji Local Government Area of the state.

One of the youth leaders in the affected area, Ubali Dawud Abubakar, who confirmed the outbreak, said the three villages had been battling the suspected cholera outbreak for over one week, adding that despite reporting to the appropriate authorities, there had been no response.

According to him, the last victim, who died as a result of the suspected cholera outbreak was buried yesterday evening.

"One of the people that died of the cholera has been buried yesterday. We want the government to come quickly and intervene" he said

Also, a parent of one of the victims, Musa Abdullahi, said about 47 persons had been treated at homes, as well as at some patent medicine outfit, within the affected communities, since the villages hit by the suspected cholera outbreak have no hospitals or clinic.

In his reaction, the Public Relations Officer of the State Health Ministry, Ismail Garba Gwamaja, claimed that the Ministry was unaware of the outbreak of cholera in the affected villages but promised to investigate the incident to enable the Ministry to take appropriate action.

Source:


Share:

Beautiful Actress, Omotola Slays In Stunning White Dress At Her Secondary School Reunion Party (Photos)


Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde is a beautiful woman and she proves that fact with every photo she shares with her followers on the internet.

The veteran Nollywood actress is often regarded as one of the most beautiful and classy actresses in the Nigerian movie industry.

Omotola recently attended the 25th edition of her secondary school’s reunion party this weekend in Abuja and once again 'slayed' in her outfit.

The party saw the 1993 set of the Command Secondary School, Kaduna State come together for a night of fun and Omotola stood out with her white dress.



Source


Share:

Nigerian traders not affected by Ghana quit notice, says envoy


ABUJA—Ghanaian Minister for Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration, Ms Shirley Ayorkor-Botchwey, has said Nigerian traders were not affected by the recent quit notice to foreigners to vacate the country’s retail markets.

President Buhari smiling with President Nana Akufo-Addo of Ghana

Botchwey said this when she paid a courtesy visit on her Nigerian counterpart, Geoffrey Onyeama, Monday, in Abuja

Foreign nationals engaged in retail business in Ghana were on July 11, issued a quit notice to vacate the country’s markets, as Ghanaian law reserves operation of retail business only for citizens.

National Association of Nigerian Traders had warned that the quit notice could spark xenophobic attacks.

However, Botchwey maintained that Nigerians and other ECOWAS citizens were not affected by the quit notice.

She said: “This has nothing to do with our ECOWAS brothers and sisters. It was more to do with other nationals.

“Yes, there is a problem that Nigerians and other ECOWAS citizens have been cut up in this issue of traders being given quit notice to exit our markets with their retail trade which is, by the law of Ghana, reserved for Ghanaians.

“Our government is doing what it can; sitting with the Ghana Traders Association to ensure that there is that understanding that it has nothing to do with Nigerian and other ECOWAS traders.

Onyeama in his remarks, said the Ghanaian minister’s visit demonstrated the country’s concern that Nigeria should, in no way, interpret the issue as xenophobia against Nigerian traders.

“The minister’s visit was to assure the government and the people of Nigeria that the government of Ghana is on top of the situation and would resolve the issue,” he said.

Onyeama said the Minister explained that what prompted the outcry was not about nationals of ECOWAS, but nationals from outside Africa who had been installing themselves in the Ghanaian retail business.

He said:   “The government of Ghana is not happy about that because they want to be in strict compliance with all their obligations under the ECOWAS Protocol of Free Movement of Persons, Goods and Services,” Onyeama said of his meeting with the Ghanaian Foreign Minister.’’

He said the Ghanaian government was engaged in really coming out with a law consistent with their position as an ECOWAS member state.

According to him, they are at that process but are also very mindful of the special relationship they have with Nigeria.

“They are particularly keen that in no way should it result in any targeting of Nigerians, any xenophobia against Nigerians.  So, the government, in fact, the President himself, is personally engaged in addressing the situation.

“For her to travel, to fly here to meet with me for one hour, I think, demonstrated the concern of the Ghanaian government that Nigeria should in no way interpret this as some kind of xenophobia against Nigerians.

“This also to assure us that the government is very much on top of this and will hopefully resolve the situation very quickly,” he said.

Source


Share:

Mega reception for Akpabio holds Aug. 8 – APC


Sen. Ita Enang, Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), has confirmed the defection of Sen. Godswill Akpabio to the All Progressives Congress(APC).

Enang and Sen. Ahmed Lawan, Senate Majority Leader, spoke with State House correspondents shortly after a closed door meeting with Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo on Monday in Abuja.

Enang said that Akpabio would be formally received in the party on Aug.8 in Akwa Ibom.

Prior to his defection, Akpabio was the Senate Minority Leader and a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

“Lawan has said that there are 53 Senators in APC but I want to assure him that APC has harvested people from PDP and other political parties.

“ Akpabio is formally joining the APC and that will be a big ceremony on Aug. 8 in Akwa Ibom.’’

The Presidential Liaison in the Senate warned that the country might face total government shut down, if the National Assembly does not reconvene urgently.

“We are still appealing to the National Assembly to reconvene; you remember that we passed the budget with the understanding that a great amount of the money will be gotten from foreign loans.

“Although it was approved that there would be a loan, the amount that would be gotten was not approved; the Fiscal Responsibility Act requires that the President should specifically state the amount he wants to get from foreign loans and present it before the National Assembly.

“That letter has been presented before the National Assembly and it has to pass that amount before it could be obtained from the foreign financing institutions.

“This is what we are asking and if does not happen, in the next few months, we have a complete government shut down because what we are receiving from the Federation Account as Federal Government share — the capital component — is not enough to sustain even 15 per cent to 20 percent of budget.

“So, there may be a complete government shut down and I know Nigerians will not like it; that is why we are appealing to the National Assembly to reconvene,’’ he said.

Source


Share:

Herdsmen killings: Opposition creating fight between Christians, Muslims – Lai Mohammed


The Federal Government on Monday revealed how the opposition was allegedly pitching Christians against Muslims under the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.

Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed said the opposition was creating problems between Christians and Muslims through the spread of fake news.

In a statement he issued in Abuja, the Minister said the opposition through such method has decided to blame killings in certain parts of the country on herdsmen.

Mohammed, however, noted that the Buhari-led government will not relent until it provides security for the citizens.

The Minister said in Benue and Zamfara States respectively, the government has put measures in place to stop the killings but that the opposition has “either downplayed or ignored this”.

According to Mohammed, “With the Buhari administration delivering on its promises to fight corruption, build the nation’s economy and tackle insecurity, the opposition has realised it will not make any impact if it takes on the administration on that turf.

“So, it has decided to take the easy route, which is to use fake news and hate speech to de-market the administration, pitch Christians against Muslim and one ethnic group against another. In short, they want to plunge the country into turmoil.

“It is said that the easy way is not always the right way. The opposition knows that, but it doesn’t care. It is hellbent on dividing Nigerians along ethnic and religious lines. It is using fake news to blame all the killings in a certain part of the country on herdsmen, ignoring the bands of deadly militia groups that are being sponsored by unscrupulous people to kill innocent people and put the nation on edge.

“It is distorting the fact that the clashes between the farmers and herders are being aggravated by climate change – which has heightened the contest for scarce natural resources like water and land – as well as demographic pressure. With a population of 45 million in 1960, Nigeria is today approaching the 200-million mark. Yet the resources have not expanded, and have in fact been shrinking. It is ignoring the role of sheer criminality in the crisis.

“We condemn the killings of innocent people for whatever reasons. And that is why the administration has put all necessary measures in place to stem the killings. In Zamfara, for example, you can see how the military has put the bandits on the run. In Benue, the police and the military are working hard, and that has resulted in a drastic fall in the spate of killings. Sadly, the media has either downplayed or ignored this.

“This government will not relent until every Nigerian can sleep with his or her two eyes closed.”

Source


Share:

Sunday, August 5, 2018

How Davido Cheated Me After Signing My Artist, Peruzzi - Record Label Boss Blows Hot, Gives Details



Patrick Anyaene, the owner of Golden Boy Entertainment, has alleged that singer David Adeleke, aka Davido, has treated him unfairly following the signing of his former artiste, Peruzzi, to Davido Music Worldwide.

The feud started on Instagram during the week when Anyaene wrote that Davido wouldn’t have had hit songs since November last year but for him.

Speaking with Sunday Scoop, Anyaene said that he had issues with Perruzi particularly, not David.

He stated, “I don’t have problems with Davido; I have issues with Perruzi, my artiste. All the songs Davido released since last year November are my records. They are my records because those songs were written by my artiste. Songs like Fia, Ada, Mind by DMW, Aje by DMW and other songs they might be working on now are all the property of Golden Boy Entertainment.”

He explained that when he found out that Peruzzi gave songs to Davido, he felt bad about it. But, according to him, after having a one-on-one discussion with Davido, they agreed on how he would be settled or rewarded.

“Peruzzi has been going for shows and getting paid; I have been patient with them since November. I am unhappy because I have not been settled. As a businessman, when you invest money in an individual, you expect a return.

“Davido has given Peruzzi some guts to do whatever he likes; he has forgotten that he signed a contract with me and I have lawyers on the case.

“Perruzi started working with me in 2016 and I was paying him salary. I officially signed him in 2017 for a three-year contract. He has breached a contract and he is an ingrate,” he lamented.

The CEO insisted that he knew what actions to take but he didn’t want to appear like an enemy of progress and he wanted the best for Peruzzi.

He added, “I want everyone to shine, but if you disrespect me, I have the power to bring you down. We agreed I would get royalties from all the songs written by Peruzzi and get paid periodically. It was a verbal agreement; for us to meet and put everything into a paper agreement, they are pretending to be busy.

“I am just being tactical about the whole issue; they have cheated me. Though I am aware that Davido always gets away with things, I know how to deal with them. I plan to settle things without attracting any drama, but if Davido wants to take me for granted, I will expose them. For all the songs they have released, I have original copies and I can drop them if I desire to. I also have screenshots of my conversation with Davido that can implicate him.”

Source


Share:

offa indigenes

Subscribe to Offa247 News Alert

Enter your email address:

Disqus for www-offa247news-blogspot-com