APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate for Osun governorship election

The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.

Electric Atmosphere As Bukola Saraki Returns Home To Ilorin

Senate President Bukola Saraki was given a rousing welcome in Ilorin, Kwara State as embarks on a courtesy visit.

#BBNaija Winner, Miracle Receives $25,000 Cash Gift From Gov. Okorocha In Owerri (Photos)

The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.

Kwara gov. seeks tenure extension for Offa council chairman, councillors

Gov. Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara on Tuesday requested the State House of Assembly to approve the extension of the tenure of the Chairman and councillors of Offa Local Government Council.

Sport News

Thierry Henry Thierry Henry is quitting his job as a pundit for Sky Sports in order to focus on a career in management.

Friday, July 27, 2018

Disappearance of six-year-old pupil sparks tension in Delta community


Tension has griped Obiaruku community in Ukwuani Local Government Area of Delta state following the disappearance of a six-year-old male pupil, Onai (not real name), during the graduation ceremony of his school in the community on Wednesday.

It was gathered that while the private school in Obiaruku community held its graduation ceremony, a driver of the school bus was asked to go and bring Onai and other pupils from Umukwata community for the ceremony but the boy ended up not being found among the pupils brought to the school by the driver.

Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Andrew Aniamaka, who confirmed the incident to DAILY POST, said, “the father of the missing boy was contacted. Immediately the matter was reported to the police, a search party was conducted to no avail. We have arrested the driver who at present is helping the police for further investigation.”

But sources disclosed that since the report of the incident, tension has heightened in the area as most parents have refused their children from attending graduation ceremony.

While speaking with our correspondent, the father of the missing boy, Mr Patrick Ebiereh said, “I suspect a ritual murder. Why was it only my son who did not get to the school? The driver has more to tell the police. I will get to the root if the police failed. I will employ other means to uncover who took my son away.”

Unconfirmed sources say the driver was allegedly involved in a similar act last year when he reportedly knocked down a 4-year-old male pupil trying to cross the road, and took him into the vehicle, and drove away. He was however caught by onlookers while allegedly attempting to dump the victim in the bush for fear that he had died.

The Director of the school, Mrs. Felia Azah confirmed to DAILY POST that investigation was ongoing, adding that the driver was handed over to the police for further interrogation.

Assuring that the police will do everything possible to recover the missing boy, Aniamaka said, “a 32-year-old lady has been missing too in Osubi area in Warri. The missing lady went to work on Wednesday and did not return. We are searching for her seriously, since July 20,2018. The situation is becoming terrible, but the police will continue to do its best.”

In last few weeks, no fewer than thirteen persons were reported to have been missing, ten of them are pupils while three others were adults who are feared to have been used for ritual activities.

Source


Share:

Transfer: Chelsea move to sign Brazilian Bernard


Former Shakhtar Donestk winger, Bernard is on the verge of signing for Chelsea after the Blues conceded defeat in the race to land Russian World Cup star, Aleksandr Golovin.

Golovin opted to join Monaco instead.

Brazilian newspaper, GloboEsporte reports that Chelsea have moved on quickly to snap up Bernard on a free transfer.

The 25-year-old, who is out of contract since the end of the season, has been inundated with offers since leaving Shakhtar.

GloboEsporte claims that Bernard has 12 official proposals from the likes of West Ham, Leicester City, Wolfsburg and Palmeiras – but it is Chelsea who look set to win the race to sign him.

According to the newspaper, Chelsea have offered Bernard a lucrative contract which he is happy with.

He is now ready to sign for Chelsea on a free transfer, where he is expected to provide cover and competition to Sarri’s existing attacking options.

Source


Share:

Transfer news: Mourinho ready to sell Martial, bring in Perisic

Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho, wants to sign Croatia winger, Ivan Perisic, before he lets Anthony Martial leave.
Martial, who has returned from United’s pre-season tour of the US for the birth of his second child, has been given the green light to leave Old Trafford, but only on their terms.
United want at least £70million for Martial and are determined to sell him abroad, despite interest from Premier League rivals Chelsea and Tottenham.
Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich are also in the hunt for Martial and it is understood the 22-year-old forward would favour a move to the French capital, where his partner, Melanie Da Cruz, has given birth.
With the Premier League transfer window closing on August 9, United are under pressure to bring in a replacement for Martial, before letting him go, with Inter Milan star Perisic top of the list.
United boss Jose Mourinho tried to buy Perisic last summer for a fee of around £40m, but the winger’s impressive 2018 World Cup campaign in Croatia’s march to the final, has pushed his value up to the £60m mark.

Share:

Super Eagles goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme announces retirement from football


Super Eagles goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme, has confirmed his retirement from football.

The 32-year-old announced the news to his Wolverhampton Wanderers teammates, before a training session at Compton on Tuesday morning.

Ikeme took the decision, after consulting with medical experts, following his 12-month battle with acute leukaemia.

Last month, Ikeme announced on Twitter, that he was in complete remission from the disease, after “a tough year and intense chemotherapy”.

The goalkeeper has 10 caps for Nigeria and made 274 career appearances in all competitions, with over 200 of them coming for Wolves.

“Having been at the club since the age of 14, Carl is far more than just a player in our eyes – he is our brother and an important part of our family.

“When Carl came to tell us his news, yes there was sadness, but also great happiness to see him so healthy and hungry for the opportunities that lay ahead of him.

“Carl is strong, a fighter, something he has proven in his playing career and also during what has been a very challenging time for him, so I have no doubt he will be a success in whatever he does next.

“We wish Carl all the very best for the future, but remind him he will always remain a part of the Wolves family,” Wolves executive chairman, Jeff Shi said.

Source


Share:

Lagos to pay Pastors, Imams salariesNews


The Lagos State Government has announced plans to engage some religious leaders, including pastors and imams, and place them on a salary structure.

This is a way of carrying out reorientation of the citizenry to shun corruption and immorality.

The development was made public by the Lagos State commissioner for home affairs, Abdulhakeem Abdulateef, during a sensitization programme for imams and scholars across the state, on Thursday, July 26, Daily Trust reports.

The commissioner disclosed that the state government would continue to interact with religious leaders, and tasked them to be above board and encourage their followers to shun corruption.

He said: “We shall be willing to even engage many of them by making provision for their salaries so that they can assist government to re-orientate the people for good.

“Imams and Pastors are believed to be men of God. So we need all of you to help us to encourage the right values in the society; particularly in the area of accountability and anti-corruption.

“We must remember that the Almighty Allah will ask all of us to render account of our deeds in the hereafter. So, the Imams and other religious clerics should lead us in the right direction because they are our leaders.”

Source


Share:

NAFDAC destroys counterfeit products worth N650m in Kaduna

As part of its efforts towards eradicating fake drugs in the society, the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control, (NAFDAC) has destroyed goods worth N650 million at its Buruku dumpsite in Kaduna.

Speaking to newsmen shortly after the exercise in Kaduna Thursday, the Director General of NAFDAC, Prof. Christian Mojisola Adeyeye, said the exercise was to get rid of spurious NAFDAC regulated products from circulation in Nigeria.
According to Prof Adeyeye, “The products being destroyed today are made of substandard and falsely labelled medicines, unwholesome foods products, costimetics and other counterrfeited products.
“Drug counterfeiting is an act of economic sabotage and also terrorism against public health.”
While commending the Federal Government over the ban on the use codeine syrup, the D.G. who was represented by the Acting Director, North-West Zone, Pharm. Gimba Dauda said, “the decision is to ensuring the reduction in the abuse of the substance.
“We have continued to aggressively pursue the goal tht only genuine medicines and wholesome foods of the right qualities are imported, exported, manufactured and distributed.
“We commend the President Muhammadu Buhari for re-instating NAFDAC personnel to our ports of entry and borders.”
Christian admitted that the relentless effort of the Federal Government had helped in the increased seizure of counterfeited and substandard NAFDAC Regulated products smuggled through the land borders.
Part of the drugs, food, cosmetics and chemicals destroyed include: antibiotics, antimalarial, anti- hypertensive, anti-cancer, herbal remedies and controlled substances.
Others are: Mom’s Tomato paste, Non- alcoholic beverages, Maize flour, Eva complexion soap, hair cream and fake insecticides.

Share:

We are not aware Dino Melaye was kidnapped – Police


The Nigeria Police have reacted to the “purported kidnap” of Senator Dino Melaye representing Kogi West senatorial district.

Melaye was reportedly kidnapped Thursday morning at Gwagwalada by unknown gunmen when he was heading to Lokoja to attend a court session.

But the Nigeria Police denied knowledge of the kidnap, saying the incident was not reported in any station across the country.

In a statement made available to newsmen Thursday night by the Force Public Relations Officer, DCP Jimoh Moshood, the police dared the family members of Melaye or his staff who claimed to have witnessed the alleged abduction, to report the matter to the Police.

“Nigeria Police Force have not received any complaint or report in any of its Police Stations or Divisions throughout the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) or any other State of the Federation of the kidnap of Senator Dino Melaye from any of his family member, friend, associate or staff to indicate that the Senator has been kidnapped”, Moshood has said.

He said the Police got “the report of the purported kidnap of Senator Dino Melaye in some sections of the media”.

Moshood said, “however, the Force has commenced investigation into the purported kidnap of Senator Dino Melaye, and wish to implore any of his family members, relatives or friends who witnessed the kidnap or have information about the purported kidnap of the Senator to report the incident at the nearest police Station to assist the Police in the investigation”.

Close associates of Melaye and his staff had circulated messages, alerting the public that some forces had arrived Abuja, using hilux van with Kogi State Government official plate number and a sienna bus, with the intention to cause harm to the outspoken Senator. 

Source:


Share:

offa indigenes

Subscribe to Offa247 News Alert

Enter your email address:

Disqus for www-offa247news-blogspot-com