APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate for Osun governorship election

The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.

Electric Atmosphere As Bukola Saraki Returns Home To Ilorin

Senate President Bukola Saraki was given a rousing welcome in Ilorin, Kwara State as embarks on a courtesy visit.

#BBNaija Winner, Miracle Receives $25,000 Cash Gift From Gov. Okorocha In Owerri (Photos)

The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.

Kwara gov. seeks tenure extension for Offa council chairman, councillors

Gov. Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara on Tuesday requested the State House of Assembly to approve the extension of the tenure of the Chairman and councillors of Offa Local Government Council.

Sport News

Thierry Henry Thierry Henry is quitting his job as a pundit for Sky Sports in order to focus on a career in management.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Police Arrest Naval Officer, Two Others For Stealing

Police in Delta State have arrested a Naval officer and two other suspects for allegedly stealing some items inside a jetty.

The naval officer identified as Lance Corporal Usman Shaibu alongside two others were arrested on Monday for allegedly stealing a transformer and self-loader from a jetty belonging to an ex-militant leader, Government Ekpemupolo also known as Tompolo.

Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Aniamaka Andrew, who confirmed the report of the arrest said the items were stolen from the jetty located near the Chevron Clinic in Edjeba Community, Warri South Local Government Area of Delta State.

“One Lance Corporal Shuaib Usman was caught alongside two others in the yard of Government Ekpemupolo.

“We got an information that a transformer and a self-loader were moved. Our detectives swung into action and the arrest was made. As we speak, items recovered items and the suspects arrested are in A Division Warri and the case is being investigated,” Aniamaka added.

Eyewitnesses claimed that apart from the transformer and self-loader stolen from Tompolo’s jetty, many other items have gone missing in their community. They added that theft has previously been going on in the community.

The police, however, noted that efforts are on to get the military, Nigerian Navy in the process of their investigation.

Source

Share:

Offa Bank Robbery: Police Invite Saraki Again

The police have invited the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, over the deadly robbery attack on six banks in Offa town of Kwara State.


The letter of invitation dated Monday, July 23, was personally signed by the Inspector General of Police, Mr Ibrahim Idris.


Senator Saraki was asked to report to the Head of the Investigation Team at the Intelligence Response Team on Tuesday morning in Abuja, for further investigation on the matter.

Mr Idris referred to a letter from the police dated June 4, 2018, as well as a letter of response from the Senate President dated June 7, 2018, on the deadly attack of April 5, 2018, in Offa.


He recalled that the Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT) had launched an investigation into the incident which claimed 31 lives, including nine police officers and pregnant women while the suspects made away with some AK 47 rifles.

Worst Armed Robbery


The IGP said investigation revealed that a CCTV footage captured the image of two persons involved in the attack, who were later identified.


“The two persons were tracked and arrested by the police and they made very useful statements and named the five gang leaders who organised the armed robbery,” he said.


“Some of the five gang leaders made confessional statements admitting their participation in this worst armed robbery in the history of Nigeria and that they are political thugs under the name, Youth Liberation Movement aka ‘Good boys’.”


The police boss stated that the suspects also claimed the group was sponsored by the Senate President, and that he allegedly gave them “firearms, money and vehicles”.


He added that another suspect, who drives a vehicle with an alleged plate number indicting Saraki, claimed to be the head of the group which reportedly covers about seven local governments areas of Kwara South.


Mr Idris noted that the suspect, in his confessional statement, said members of his group were political thugs allegedly working for Dr Saraki and the Kwara State Governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed.


He said the gang leader also mentioned three other thugs in Kwara Central allegedly sponsored by the Senate President, saying, “Everyone in Kwara Central fears them because of their guns and ability to kill anybody without hesitation”.


The IGP then referred to Senator Saraki’s response to the allegations, quoting him as saying, “By virtue of my participation in politics, I have a large followership which makes it impossible for me to know all of them. I can say categorically that I am in no way associated with the vehicle mentioned in your letter nor have I given any arms to any thug or other persons in Kwara State or anywhere else. For the records, your letter under reference did not include the full text of the statements made by the accused persons.”


In view of this, Mr Idris disclosed that the police have decided to invite the Senate President for further clarification on the matter.

He said, “After a careful perusal of your letter to the police, it was discovered that the statement requires further clarification and coupled with the fact that you stated that the full text of the statements of the suspects was not shown to you, it is imperative you report to the police to make further statements after giving you the full text of the statements of the suspects.”

Senator Saraki and Governor Ahmed have   denied any involvement in the attack or sponsoring any political thug.

Share:

Monday, July 23, 2018

Offa bank robbery: Police invitation mere political game – Saraki reacts to IG’s order

Senate President, Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has stated that the invitation to him by the Police to report to a station in Guzape over the Offa robbery investigation is a mere afterthought, which is designed to achieve political purpose.

Saraki in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, stated that he had it on good authority that the Police had already decided on the suspects to arraign in court in Ilorin, Kwara State on Wednesday based on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP), Mohammed U.E. and that the turn around to invite him was a ploy aimed at scoring cheap political points.
“I have been reliably informed that the police invitation was planned by IG as a ploy to stop an alleged plan by some Senators and House of Representatives members from defecting from the All Progressives Congress (APC). It was also said that if I was detained between Tuesday and Wednesday, that will abort the so-called defection plan.

“While I continue to maintain that the issue of my position on the 2019 elections is not a personal decision for me alone to make, it should be noted that all these concoctions and evil plot cannot deter me. Those behind this fresh assault will fail as I have nothing to do with the robbery incident or any criminal matter for that matter.

“I am aware that following a request made by the Police on June 13, 2018 to the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) of the Fedeeation had written a legal advice dated June 22, 2018, in which he stated on page 5, paragraph (f) that “For the Senate President and the Kwara State Governor, this office is unable to establish from the evidence in the interim report a nexus between the alleged office and the suspects”.

“The Police have obviously corrupted and politicized their investigations into the Offa robbery incident. They have turned it into an instrument for the party in power to suppress perceived opponents, witchunt issue for blackmailing people from freely choosing which platform on which they want to pursue their ambition and a matter for harassing the people whose exit from APC would harm the chances of the party in the forthcoming elections.

“I want to make it apparent that I have no hand in either the robbery incident or any criminal acitivity. The Police in their haste to embarrass me sent the invitation to me at 8pm and requested that I report to the station by 8am tomorrow morning. This obviously demonstrated their desperation as I do not see why they are now in a hurry.

“They also stated in today’s letter that because in my response of June 7, 2018 to their own letter written on June 4, 2018, I stated that I was responding simply to the contents of the letter and that the full text of the statement made by the arrested suspects which they claimed indicted me was not made available to me, they were now including the suspects statements in the current letter. Yet, instead of including the suspects’ statements, they only attached two copies of my own letter to the invitation. No suspects statement was made available.

“This plot aimed at compelling me and my associates to stay in a party where members are criminalised without just cause, where injustice is perpetrated at the highest level and where there is no respect for constitutionalism is an exercise in futility and it will fail.
“Once again, my confidence in God and our judicial system remains intact and unshaken. The truth shall also prevail in this case”, he stated.


Share:

Report Suggests That Chelsea Star, Eden Hazard Has Made His Real Madrid Decision

Chelsea forward, Eden Hazard has reportedly decided to leave the club this summer.
According to Bleacher Report, the player took the decision because this could be his only chance to join Real Madrid.

Hazard is on the La Liga giants’ list of targets following Cristiano Ronaldo’s mega-money move to Juventus.

And he is said to be keen to swap Stamford Bridge for the Bernabeu following six years in West London.

The newspaper reports that the Belgium international has come to the conclusion he needs to move now because he may not get the opportunity again.
Hazard’s representatives have apparently been in touch with Real to let them know the 27-year-old is eager to link up with them
After helping Belgium finish third in the just concluded FIFA World Cup in Russia, Hazard had told beIN SPORTS:
“Does Real make me dream less without Zidane? Zidane is someone special, it’s true, but I think Real is everyone’s dream.
“Zidane or no Zidane, the white jersey is special but the blue jersey [of Chelsea] suits me well so it does not bother me if I stay.
“For now, it’s the World Cup. As I have said at least 100 times, I am at Chelsea and for the moment nobody has made me an offer.”

Share:

Klopp speaks on paying huge transfer fees after criticizing Pogba’s price

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, says he has changed his mind regarding past comments about record transfer fees paid by his rivals for players.

Klopp has paid record fees for two players since the start of 2018 despite criticizing the £89million Manchester United paid for Paul Pogba two years ago.

Goalkeeper Alisson joined earlier this week in a deal worth up to £65million, after the German brought in Virgil van Dijk (£75m), Naby Keita (£52.75m), Fabinho (£44m) and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (£40m).

Speaking at a news conference at the Bank of America Stadium on Saturday, Klopp stressed that these latest moves were done simply with the aim of delivering success.

“That is the problem these days,” he said.

“Whatever bulls— you say, nobody will forget it.

“On the other side, it is still kind of true. I couldn’t imagine the world would change like that two and a half years ago. £100m was a crazy number.

“Since then the world has changed completely. I am sure at this moment we have signed the most-expensive goalkeeper. It is early in the transfer window. There will be some nice transfers to follow.

“My responsibility is for this club to be as successful as possible. It is not for me to push through my thoughts and say we don’t want to buy players or pay big money and in the end Liverpool is not successful. That doesn’t work.

“We have a really good squad. To improve it is expensive. Better players than we already have are not waiting around the corner.

“You need to respect contracts but if you are interested in a player you have to try and bring them in. When we are convinced about it our owners, thank God, believe that much in the project, then they say let’s do it.”



Share:

Arsenal Drags Super Eagles' Midfielder, Alex Iwobi To Transfer Market

Arsenal are willing to sell Nigeria international Alex Iwobi for £22.3 million, according to Il Messaggero .

The 22-year-old who still has two years on his contract, has attracted interest from Lazio, who are hunting a replacement for West Ham's record signing Felipe Anderson.

Iwobi provided just three goals and five assists in 26 league appearances last term.

Chuba Akpom is set to leave Arsenal this summer and join Belgian top-flight club Sint-Truiden permanently in a deal worth £2 million, Mirror reports.

Akpom is one of the five players dropped by Unai Emery for the Gunners' pre-season trip to Singapore.

The 22-year-old is in the final year of his Arsenal contract and has struggled to establish himself in the Gunners’ first-team since his competitive debut against Sunderland back in September 2013.

Newly-promoted Turkish Super Lig outfit Ankaragucu have held talks with Nigeria international Emmanuel Emenike over a potential transfer, according to Fanatik .

The Yellow-Navy are set to bolster their ranks for the challenge in the Turkish top-flight with the former Fenerbahce goal poacher who endured a difficult spell at Olympiacos and Las Palmas last season.

Source


Share:

Transfer: Real Madrid set deadline to sign Chelsea’s Courtois

Champions League holders, Real Madrid

​are​ reportedly ​eager​ to conclude ​the​ deal for Chelsea goalkeeper, Thibaut Courtois before they fly out for their pre-season tour of America at the end of this week.

Chelsea are reluctant to sell Courtois but with a year left on his contract, they face losing him for free next season.

Courtois is Real Madrid’s top transfer target this summer after missing out on Alisson to Liverpool and failing to convince Manchester United to sell their first-choice goalkeeper, David de Gea.

According to Spanish

​ news​ outlet, Marca, the Los Blancos are increasingly confident of signing Courtois and hope they can complete the transfer before the squad leaves for America later this week.

The report claimed Real’s pursuit

​for​ the 26-year-old is due to his age, talent and potential development.

It also claimed that Chelsea needs to sign a successor for Courtois before he can leave.

However, allowing Courtois to leave Stamford Bridge would be a huge blow to Chelsea and their new manager, Maurizio Sarri.

At his unveiling last week, Sarri said he wanted to talk face to face with Courtois and Eden Hazard about their future.

“Clearly the players you are referring to are very high-level players and I would like to keep them,” Sarri said.

“But a telephone call without looking them in the eye will not give me any certainty.

“I would like to meet these players face to face and talk to them and understand what the best thing is for everyone to do. Before that I would also like a player to come on the pitch for four or five days with me to have a clear idea of what the plan is.”


Source

Share:

offa indigenes

Subscribe to Offa247 News Alert

Enter your email address:

Disqus for www-offa247news-blogspot-com