APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate for Osun governorship election
The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.
Electric Atmosphere As Bukola Saraki Returns Home To Ilorin
Senate President Bukola Saraki was given a rousing welcome in Ilorin, Kwara State as embarks on a courtesy visit.
#BBNaija Winner, Miracle Receives $25,000 Cash Gift From Gov. Okorocha In Owerri (Photos)
The winner of BBNaija 2018, Miracle who was promised a cash gift and land by the Imo State Governor shortly after the end of the show, has finally received it.
Kwara gov. seeks tenure extension for Offa council chairman, councillors
Gov. Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara on Tuesday requested the State House of Assembly to approve the extension of the tenure of the Chairman and councillors of Offa Local Government Council.
Sport News
Thierry Henry Thierry Henry is quitting his job as a pundit for Sky Sports in order to focus on a career in management.
Monday, July 23, 2018
Offa bank robbery: Police invitation mere political game – Saraki reacts to IG’s order
Report Suggests That Chelsea Star, Eden Hazard Has Made His Real Madrid Decision
Klopp speaks on paying huge transfer fees after criticizing Pogba’s price
Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, says he has changed his mind regarding past comments about record transfer fees paid by his rivals for players.
Klopp has paid record fees for two players since the start of 2018 despite criticizing the £89million Manchester United paid for Paul Pogba two years ago.
Goalkeeper Alisson joined earlier this week in a deal worth up to £65million, after the German brought in Virgil van Dijk (£75m), Naby Keita (£52.75m), Fabinho (£44m) and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (£40m).
Speaking at a news conference at the Bank of America Stadium on Saturday, Klopp stressed that these latest moves were done simply with the aim of delivering success.
“That is the problem these days,” he said.
“Whatever bulls— you say, nobody will forget it.
“On the other side, it is still kind of true. I couldn’t imagine the world would change like that two and a half years ago. £100m was a crazy number.
“Since then the world has changed completely. I am sure at this moment we have signed the most-expensive goalkeeper. It is early in the transfer window. There will be some nice transfers to follow.
“My responsibility is for this club to be as successful as possible. It is not for me to push through my thoughts and say we don’t want to buy players or pay big money and in the end Liverpool is not successful. That doesn’t work.
“We have a really good squad. To improve it is expensive. Better players than we already have are not waiting around the corner.
“You need to respect contracts but if you are interested in a player you have to try and bring them in. When we are convinced about it our owners, thank God, believe that much in the project, then they say let’s do it.”
Arsenal Drags Super Eagles' Midfielder, Alex Iwobi To Transfer Market
Arsenal are willing to sell Nigeria international Alex Iwobi for £22.3 million, according to Il Messaggero .
The 22-year-old who still has two years on his contract, has attracted interest from Lazio, who are hunting a replacement for West Ham's record signing Felipe Anderson.
Iwobi provided just three goals and five assists in 26 league appearances last term.
Chuba Akpom is set to leave Arsenal this summer and join Belgian top-flight club Sint-Truiden permanently in a deal worth £2 million, Mirror reports.
Akpom is one of the five players dropped by Unai Emery for the Gunners' pre-season trip to Singapore.
The 22-year-old is in the final year of his Arsenal contract and has struggled to establish himself in the Gunners’ first-team since his competitive debut against Sunderland back in September 2013.
Newly-promoted Turkish Super Lig outfit Ankaragucu have held talks with Nigeria international Emmanuel Emenike over a potential transfer, according to Fanatik .
The Yellow-Navy are set to bolster their ranks for the challenge in the Turkish top-flight with the former Fenerbahce goal poacher who endured a difficult spell at Olympiacos and Las Palmas last season.
Transfer: Real Madrid set deadline to sign Chelsea’s Courtois
Champions League holders, Real Madrid
are reportedly eager to conclude the deal for Chelsea goalkeeper, Thibaut Courtois before they fly out for their pre-season tour of America at the end of this week.
Chelsea are reluctant to sell Courtois but with a year left on his contract, they face losing him for free next season.
Courtois is Real Madrid’s top transfer target this summer after missing out on Alisson to Liverpool and failing to convince Manchester United to sell their first-choice goalkeeper, David de Gea.
According to Spanish
news outlet, Marca, the Los Blancos are increasingly confident of signing Courtois and hope they can complete the transfer before the squad leaves for America later this week.
The report claimed Real’s pursuit
for the 26-year-old is due to his age, talent and potential development.
It also claimed that Chelsea needs to sign a successor for Courtois before he can leave.
However, allowing Courtois to leave Stamford Bridge would be a huge blow to Chelsea and their new manager, Maurizio Sarri.
At his unveiling last week, Sarri said he wanted to talk face to face with Courtois and Eden Hazard about their future.
“Clearly the players you are referring to are very high-level players and I would like to keep them,” Sarri said.
“But a telephone call without looking them in the eye will not give me any certainty.
“I would like to meet these players face to face and talk to them and understand what the best thing is for everyone to do. Before that I would also like a player to come on the pitch for four or five days with me to have a clear idea of what the plan is.”
Transfer: Pogba’s agent informs Manchester United France star wants to leave
The Frenchman has struggled to convince United manager since rejoining the club from Juventus for £89million in 2016.
Join Buhari to fight insecurity – VON DG, Okechukwu urges Atiku, others
The Director General, Voice of Nigeria (VON) and chieftain of All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr Osita Okechukwu, on Sunday urged former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, and indeed all Nigerians to join President Muhammadu Buhari to fight insecurity instead of comparing the dead with those killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Okechukwu reacted when he was confronted by journalists in Enugu over the successful presidential declaration of His Excellency, Atiku Abubakar for the 2019 presidential election, where the former vice president made the lamentation over the killings.
The VON DG, who is an ardent supporter of President Muhammadu Buhari, dismissed the statistics of the former vice president, saying they were unnecessary and inaccurate. What is important is how to stop the killings, we need cooperation, prayers, information and assistance to the government.
Otherwise, Wikipedia reported from credible sources Iraqi death toll of over 500,000 persons since US led invasion of 2003, about 5,000 of who are US Service men.
He thanked him for acknowledging the massive infrastructural development going on in the land under Buhari, but expressed doubts over Turaki’s promise to tackle insecurity with his questionable immigration status in the United States of America.
“I am outraged like most Nigerians over the spate of killings by herdsmen/farmers clash, bandits, militias Boko Haram and sundry. President Muhammadu Buhari I must confess is very sad over the killings. His Excellency, Atiku Abubakar, Turaki of Adamawa statistics are unnecessary and inaccurate, for one death is painful.
“At any rate his statistics and can be best dubbed campaign hype if not fake news, when the real statistics are assembled. Iraqi casualty is over 500,000. The cardinal question in all honesty is can Turaki stop the insecurity without the cooperation of international security agencies, especially that of the United States?” He queried.
On the public perception that Buhari is not doing enough to stop the large scale killings, Okechukwu said: “I am on good note that President Muhammadu Buhari is quietly deploying all means necessary to stop the insecurity in the land, among which is deployment of Mission Critical Communications System by Motorola Solutions of Illinois, United of America, an equipment which will put critical information at the fingertips of all the security agencies in Nigeria.”
“In fact the National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno and Minister of Communications, Barrister Adebayo Shittu, one understands, are leading the pack. I don’t want to say more than this, for this is security issue,” Okechukwu said.
He appealed to all Nigerians, especially politicians to cooperate with Mr. President instead of making insecurity a campaign issue.
Reminded that insecurity will remain on the top burner unless curbed, and that Atiku who is one of those most likely to fly the PDP’s flag will definitely return this issue to the front burner, Okechukwu responded:
“My relief is that His Excellency, Atiku Abubakar graciously recognised the unprecedented massive infrastructural development going on in the past three years under President Buhari. The targeted 5,000 kilometers of federal roads, 5,000 kilometers of rail lines, 5,000 additional megawatts of electricity and bid for self sufficiency in food are anchored on prudent management of public fund. Can Turaki guarantee Nigerians to curb corruption to this level?”
He challenged Atiku to authorise the United States Border Authority to make public his Immigration Status, querying if as a president, the former vice president will not go to United States of America.
He recalled that President Muhammadu Buhari few weeks after inauguration was honoured with a red carpet reception at the White House.
Accordingly, Okechukwu enjoined all Nigerians, irrespective of political affiliations, to join hands and fight insecurity.
He, however, added that since presidential contest was like a beauty contest, Buhari remained the best among those parading themselves to be President in 2019.


















